Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MFV: Day 8

Day 8 wasn't really a vacation day. We got off the boat around 10 am (which was a joke, by the way. get it together disney), took the shuttle to the airport, hung around the airport a few hours, then flew home. Thankfully the kids were really good, all things considered. We had a great time. 

My final thoughts on the trip:

*I thought the Disney Cruise was great; clean, friendly, good food, lots to do. HOWEVER, I don't think I'd ever do one again. Reason #1: if I'm going to do something Disney, I'll stick with land or world. As far as the whole "Disney" experience goes, the boat just doesn't compare. Reason #2: if I'm going to do a cruise, and spend that kind of money, I'll do Royal Carribean. As far as cruises go, I liked RC better.

*Disney does what Disney does best...which includes cramming A LOT of people into a not so lot of space. Our boat wasn't too overbooked, but it was definitely overwhelming at times.

*While the boys had a great time, and have very fond memories of this trip, it was my least favorite of all the MFV we've taken over the years. I think that's because of one reason: littles. Our kids were just too little/young for us (Dave and I) to have a good time. We are at a stage in our family life where our kids are A LOT of work. Especially the girls. They all behaved quite well, but let's face it, Lucy was 2 and Grace was 3 months old. HARD AGES. And having all 6 of us sleep in an area that is about the size of my bedroom was a challenge all on it's own. 

I'm incredibly thankful that my parents took us on this trip. I'm thankful that my kids had a wonderful time. And, I'm thankful that it's over.

(these character pictures were from day 7.
i took the boys to get pics while the girls slept.
the boys decided who they wanted group shots 
with and who they wanted individuals with.)
Cute story:
As we were heading back to the room,
the princess' came out for photo ops.
I teasingly asked the boys if they wanted
pictures with them. They all gave the
response I thought they would,
except Linc. He asked if he could have
a picture with Cinderella. After I took this,
he whispered to me, "Mom, she's really pretty."
Love that kid.



The whole group!


Staying entertained at the Orlando Airport


Nothing like a blowout at 6,000 ft.

1 comment:

emily ballard said...

We've never been on a cruise before. . . our only boat experience has een riding the ferry back from Alaska. So when we asked our kids if they wanted to go on a two-week cruise, they all yelled, "Nooooo!" Good to read your final thoughts. We will skip Disney and go for Royal Caribbean. . . Someday.