Gracie's 4 Month Stats:
13 lbs (50%)
24.2 inches (50%)
![]() |
| (I know this picture is crazy blurry, but it's all I had. Not sure why I didn't retake it until I got a good one?) |
Month 4 was a tough one for us. Grace developed some habits during vacation, that she decided to keep once we got home, like: only sleeping on Mommy and not taking a bottle. She had been sleeping in a bassinet next to my bed before the trip and we were going to switch her to her crib when we got home. Not only did that not happen, but she wouldn't sleep for long periods of time in her bassinet. Only in my bed snuggled with me. Which sounds great in theory, but after a few days of only getting 45 consecutive minutes of sleep at a time, it really starts to run one down. She had even gotten to the point of not napping without laying on my chest. Thankfully, Lucy still naps, so I was able to lay down with Grace everyday for a couple hours. The second bad habit was not taking a bottle anymore. I stopped pumping about 2 weeks before our trip, so I wouldn't have to take the pump on the boat with me. No pumping meant no bottle. I guess looking back on it now, we could have tried giving her formula? I really didn't think ditching the bottle for 3 weeks would be a big deal. All of my kids have taken a bottle, while nursing, and have never had a problem. Well, Little Miss decided that she was a boobie only kind of gal. I've tried all the tricks in the book and nothing works. So I guess I'll just see how long I'm able/willing the nurse her. She still has issues (spitting up and sometimes trouble sleeping) if I eat a lot of dairy or any chocolate. She's a sensitive one. Actually, the word we've used with her from day one is PARTICULAR. However, all that complaining aside, she's a great baby. She's very healthy and is starting to really chunk out (which I LOVE). She's very content as long as I'm holding her :) Her eyes are still a beautiful shade of gray/blue and don't seem to be getting any darker or browner. Maybe she'll end up being my green eyed girl? No rolling over for her yet, but she can sit up in her bumbo seat and has started to eat rice cereal. I sure do love my little Gracie Bug.













No comments:
Post a Comment