Friday, September 9, 2011

9 Months

(...this is about 3 weeks late...oops)
Miss Lulu turned 9 months on August 12th. She's growing up so quickly and it doesn't help matters that she does NOT want to be a baby anymore! Here are her stats from her 9 month wellness check:
Weight: 20.9 lbs (75%)
Height: 28.9" (97%)
and her head is in the 75%.
She's extremely tall for her age and, while she still weighs a lot, is starting to thin out from crawling. Thankfully she still has her delicious thighs :)
Her favorite things right now:
FOOD! Girlfriend loves food. While she'll eat baby food, she prefers whatever I'm eating. Literally whatever I'm eating. Chicken? Good. Broccoli? Good. Steak? Good. She is definitely a carnivore and loves her some meat/poultry. I think it's her favorite food right now.
She also loves the show Backyardagins. She's not really interested in other tv shows, but that one she'll watch an entire episode.
Her NOT favorite things right now:
getting her diaper changed. It means she has to hold still for 3.8 seconds and she doesn't like it at all. I thought her brothers were wiggly...I ain't seen nothing yet.
She hates taking medicine. Luckily she hasn't had to have a lot of it, but when she does it is a fight to the sticky end.
Listening to books on tape in the car. I was trying to listen to a book while driving to SLC last weekend and every time I put the book on, she'd cry. As soon as I turned it off and put on music, she was fine. Crazy girl.
She's really into clapping and mimicking. She loves to clap along to patty cake (or patta cake as we recently learned is the correct title). If you make a sound, laugh or fake cough at her, she'll do it back at you. It's pretty entertaining. We can now see her top two middle teeth and I think the ones one each side of them are also coming in. She crawls like a champ and is cruising the furniture as well. She is still completely adored by everyone she comes in contact with. We love you Lululicious!

3 comments:

Aim said...

Love the 3rd picture down! Her hair is just to die for! And those eyes, seriously Mind, I bet you love on her all day long. Loved the car story about the book on tape. And I love that she loves steak! My kind of girl :)

Kassi Luck said...

She is a gorgeous baby!!! You guys are going to have to keep an eye on her when she is older. She seriously is so cute, but I am sure you already know that!!

Jen said...

She is so, so beautiful, Mindy! She is going to be a total heartbreaker. :) What a little sweetheart.