Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Hunt

The boys got to do a couple egg hunts this year. The first one was Saturday morning at one of the city parks. It wasn't as cold as last year (thank goodness) and Lincoln really got into it. It was awesome. He did the hunt all by himself. Grant had some help from Dave, but even he understood after a few seconds of collecting candy. The next hunt was in our neighborhood. It was raining a little bit, so there were only about 15 kids and over 300 eggs hidden. The boys made out like bandits. The Easter Bunny came to our house Saturday night, hide eggs and baskets and left a trail of nibbled on carrots up the stairs to the boys' rooms. When we told Lincoln that the Easter Bunny had came and left carrots his reply was, "I don't want carrots! I want a present!" Fortunately he wasn't so spoiled/annoyed when he actually found his basket. He just sat on the floor by it and I told him he could go through it and see what was inside, to which he responded, "No Mom. I can't open it 'til I tell the Easter Bunny thank you." I told him we'd write the silly bunny a thank you card.The rest of Easter was very non-Easter-ish. The boys went to my parents, for yet another hunt and basket find, while Dave and I headed out to SLC to watch Wicked and then have dinner at Ruth's Chris in Park City. We got the Wicked tickets for Christmas from my parents and when my Mom bought them she didn't realize they were for Easter Sunday. We didn't mind and the show was AMAZING! It was a great date. Thanks Mom and Dad :)

4 comments:

Sean said...

This is janna. Look at your super cute hair! I love it!

Crafty Momma said...

Fun! easter is so much fun with your kids!

Stacey said...

Your Lincoln is so cute and funny! So you were one of the lucky ones to see Wicked! Nice!

Tami said...

sounds like the boys made out pretty good! Lincoln looks so handsome all dressed up for church! Did you take any pics of your WICKED date?