Monday, August 8, 2011

Uintah County Fair

*WARNING: this is the longest post EVER! I have a million pictures and lengthy explanations to go along with said pictures. Be prepared to loose 10 minutes of your life if you proceed...*

Carnival: We got the boys unlimited ride bands and let them go crazy. It was $60 well spent. Lucy was a trooper and watched from her stroller until she finally fell asleep. She woke up about an hour later and hung out for another 30 or so minutes and then was ready to sleep in her crib.


Craft Day: My boys LOVE doing crafts. Color, paint, glue, cut, etc, they love it all. The fair does a kids craft corner and I took the boys to it last year, but only let them do one thing. I'm pretty sure I ran out of patience, but told the boys that the fair ran out of crafts :) Not this year. I let them do all the crafts and they did great. Lucy was a trooper and just hung out in her stroller eating treats while the boys crafted their little hearts out. They started by decorating magician hats. I don't have a picture of that. Oh, warning, all these pictures were taken with my phone. My phone blows. Hence, these pictures are not HD quality, to say the least. After hats they made beaded necklaces with their names on them:
and finally they did some watercolor paintings:
After crafts we went to The Little Red Barn. It's basically where the kids walk through and do all the things real farmers do (but everything is pretend and not real). They picked apples, planted vegetable seeds, picked those veggies, gathered chicken eggs from the hen house, bagged grain, loaded hay into a tractor and drove the tractor to the hay drop off spot, fed the cows grain and then milked them and collected that milk, and then go to the farmer's market and deposit all their goods. Then they get "paid" for their goods and get to pick out a treat from the "store". Super long explanation, but I didn't really get pictures of any of this. I think The Little Red Barn was the boys' favorite thing of the week. They asked monthly, last year, if it was time for the red barn and have again already been asking when it will be back.

No comments: