Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas 2010

For neighbor gifts this year we decided to make homemade apple juice. Papa bought this big apple press last year and the boys loved making juice with it. We (Grammy and Papa, The Martinsen clan and The Gale clan) spent an entire Saturday producing about 120 half gallon containers worth of juice. It was time consuming and a little labor intensive, but so much fun to spend time together doing something productive. Not to mention how awesome the end product was!


The boys received ipads from Grammy and Papa this year. Fortunately, they were still excited about the few things Santa brought for them as well. I will admit, the ipads have been one of the best babysitters we've ever had :)

When I said few you didn't think I meant it did you? Santa brought the boys each 2 gifts and 1 to share. We had Christmas morning at home this year, because Papa had a terrible cold and couldn't make it to the cabin. We've done Christmas morning at the cabin the past 4 years. It was really different being home. Good, just different. Hopefully we'll be able to do the cabin next year.
Lucy and her stash :) Thankfully the boys didn't notice/didn't care that she got about twice as much as they did. I'd like to think it's because we're raising them to be unselfish and grateful about the things they do have. I'd like to think that, but in all honesty it's probably because they were too distracted by their ipads.
Traditional Christmas morning family picture (with A Christmas Story paused in the background...nice):
We have so much to be thankful for this past year. Our newest addition, our health, Dave's job, having incredibly supportive family and friends who live so close, and most importantly the reminder of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ! We are so very blessed.

2 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

I was lucky enough to sample some of that delicious juice you all made. Very impressive!! It was delish!! I am glad you had a great Christmas. You have such a cute family.

emily ballard said...

Lucky little boys! I want and ipad!!!