On Saturday Dave had his final performance of Little Orphan Annie. He's spent the past 10 weeks rehearsing and performing every night (except Sundays). While he did a FABULOUS job in his roles as man 1, man 2, Eddie, Burt Healey, and FDR, I'm SO thankful that it is over! Love seeing him on stage, love that he shares his God given talent with the Uintah Basin, love that he has his dramatic outlet, but most of all, LOVE that the Uintah Arts Council only does 1 play a year! I couldn't do more than 10 weeks a year. It would turn his "supportive wife" into his "wife in the straight jacket the boys visit on weekends".

Mr. and Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt...kind of :)

I took Lincoln to Act II to see his Daddy. Only Act II for 2 reasons: 1- the boy has some serious ADD, or just ants-in-his-pants, and there is NO WAY he'd sit for an entire show. 2- Dave works most of his magic (and is on stage a lot more) in Act II. Lincoln loved the show and loved seeing his Daddy up on stage. He kept telling me, "My turn Mommy. I want to go up." Ahh, I have no doubt the dramatic gene has been passed on :)
We had a lot of friends and family come to Vernal to support Dave and see him do his thing. We'd like to thank all of you who took the time to come see us/him. We really appreciate it and loved spending time with each and every one of you.

Michael Farris and Lincoln playing in the front yard.
Lincoln, Brinlee and Hannah watching a movie while the adults played Rook.

Treven, FDR and Kyler. The boys did such great job and sat through the entire show. It was Kyler's second time seeing Act II. They both sang Annie songs all weekend :)
Great job sweetheat! The boys and I are so glad to have you back home again.
2 comments:
MIndy, Hey I found you on Jesenia's blog. I've been meaning to let you know how good your hubby did at annie. At first I didn't even know who he was, then I was sitting next to my sis in law which is Annies mom and she told me how good she thinks this guy is in the play. So I looked him up in the paper and saw it was your hubby. I was sooooooo impressed. he really did an AMAZING job!!! He should do more. He's really funny!!
how Fun! Sounds like you had a great month! Dave looks good as a grandpa! ;) Your blog title blog picture looks like something out of a Eddie Bauer magazine, or at least should be! Super cute!
Post a Comment