It is hands down the best musical I've ever seen. I loved it! It's hard to belive that some people have that much talent. I want to see it again and again and again.
Sunday the four of us went to Six Flags, Magic Mountain. We got there right when the park opened and immediately got in line for the newest ride X2. It's only been open for 2 weeks so we thought the line might get longer the later in the day it got. I don't know how much longer it did get, but we waited 2 hours to get on this ride! Some rides scare me, but in the "wow that was scary, but so fun. Let's do it again and again" kind of way. Not this one. X2 scared me in the "wow, not only have I now seen death but I need a new pair of undies" kind of way. Seriously, scared me more than I've EVER been scared on a ride. We had a great day and rode a lot of "fun scary" rides. It was nice to not have to sit on a single flying Dumbo or Small World boat. Monday morning we got up at 5:30 am to get in line for something that I've wanted to do for a very long time...
The Price Is Right!
After multiple lines, an interview and a million rounds of canadian salad (card game), we made it in. My first thought was, "Wow, this is so small". Second thought, "Wow, they haven't changed a thing since 1970." Everything looks so different live compared to what you see on tv every morning.
After multiple lines, an interview and a million rounds of canadian salad (card game), we made it in. My first thought was, "Wow, this is so small". Second thought, "Wow, they haven't changed a thing since 1970." Everything looks so different live compared to what you see on tv every morning.
It's so fast paced that I now understand how someone could bid $8,000 for a 2 person tent. Although none of us got called up on stage, it was still the coolest thing ever. Our show airs June 16th for any of you who want to try and spot us out in the crowd. After the show we husseled to board our cruise ship in Long Beach and met up with Chris and Tameo (Dave's brother and his wife).
Our first stop, Tuesday, was Catalina Island. It was beautiful.
We did some site seeing around the little town and then some snorkeling. The water was freakin' freezing, but we saw some fish, so that was cool.
That night was formal night on the ship so we got all dressed up.
It was great to feel like a real adult for the evening and not just a Mommy who barely manages to shower by 4 pm, if at all, for the day.
It was great to feel like a real adult for the evening and not just a Mommy who barely manages to shower by 4 pm, if at all, for the day. We did get in some haggling with the locals, ate some awesome churros, bought some suvioners for the kids, and I got a knockoff Dooney and Bourke purse.
Thursday we had a "fun day at sea" and hung out on the ship. Overall we got to eat some great food, played cards a few nights until 1:30 am, watched a few comedians and a magician, and just enjoyed being with one another. It was so nice to have someone else cook, clean and take care of me for a week. Special thanks to Grandpa and Grammy Meier for taking care of the boys all week. Also to our travel buddies, Ben, Tami, Chris, and Tameo for making the trip as fun as it was. Last, but not least, to my Davey who is my best friend in the whole world and who I love with all my heart...Happy (almost) Anniversary Sweets :)



5 comments:
Man, I'm just sick that Kevin and I couldn't make it on the trip. Sounds like so much fun! I can't believe you didn't talk about the food. Where's the food!?
Hey Mindy! I'm glad you started a blog. It's so much fun. That is totally awesome that you got to see wicked, something I've been wanting to do for years. I went on a cruise to Baja Mexico also a couple months before I met christian. It was so much fun to see the places and just the cruise experience alone was so awesome. I want to do it again sometime.
I love the family picture in the snow! So cute! Looks like you're a natural blogger already!
Ok, I can't believe you went on the new X2 ride at Magic Mountain already!! I'm going on a big girls trip to cali. in 2 weeks and that's the ride were all excited about! It's amazing right? I can't wait! You know what's funny? My brother went to the Price is Right and GOT ON! He was one question away from winning a brand new car but pulled out a stike! I am excited to see you guys next week and can't wait to catch up, it's been too long. P.S. your family picture at the top of your blog is beautiful!
Mindy - Your trip looked like so much fun! Your family is beautiful.
Post a Comment