As part of our annual county fair, a sweet carnival comes into town for a few nights. And by sweet I mean the trashiest, ghetto, is this even safe, are you kidding me with these prices- kind of sweet. But my boys LOVE it and get so excited for it every summer. This year Grammy and Papa decided to take them for Friday Night Slumber Party. Which I was totally okay with because 1-the more adults to help, the better (I don't really walk anymore...it's more of a waddle and it's very slow) and B-then Papa would be paying the ridiculous prices for the rides :) I tried to tell him to buy each of the kids unlimited ride bands (we learned our lesson with that the hard way over the past 2 years), but he was sure that they didn't need them and that the tokens he bought would be more than enough. He had to go buy more tokens. Twice. Lucy wanted to ride everything the boys did, but unfortunately the only thing she was big enough to ride was the carousel. She rode it three times. The Martinsen boys (my nephews) aren't know for bravery when it comes to things like rides and coasters, but Kyler did great and rode everything Lincoln and Grant did. Jace rode what he was tall enough to ride. Treven rode a few, but mostly watched the other boys ride. He was using the pretense of being "tired" or basically too cool to ride, but we all knew the poor kid was just a wussy pants. Thank you, thank you, thank you Grammy and Papa for taking the kids and always having FNSP.
 |
| Friday Night Slumber Party Crew |
 |
| Lincoln showing me his Frankenstein Face. He does this when he's mad (which has been OFTEN this summer), but thankfully this was just for the sake of me capturing it on camera. |
 |
| Grant showing me his cheese face. He's such a skinny bean. |
 |
| This slide was Lincoln's favorite ride. |
 |
| This was Kyler's first ride and he did great. |
 |
| Jace |
 |
| Grant |
 |
| Lincoln |
 |
| Kyler (being silly) |
 |
| Treven (this is how he spent most of the time) |
 |
| The boys looking for a handout from Grammy (as usual) |
 |
| On to the next ride... |
 |
| The 5 boys rode this one by themselves. It was pretty funny to watch them attempt to spin it. I wish I could have heard what they were saying though. Or maybe I'm glad I couldn't! |
 |
| Another rare ride moment with all 5 boys. |
 |
| Kyler, Grammy, Grant, and Lincoln |
 |
| Jace wasn't tall enough, Treven's a wuss and Papa supervised. |
 |
| Lucy and the only ride she could do. You can't really tell by the pictures, but she LOVED it and had a big smile most of the time. |
 |
| Taking the princess home for the night. She doesn't get to actually spend the night yet. But before we left, Dave took a few pics of his girls. This is "poo poo face". |
 |
| This should probably be "super cheese", but it's actually just our normal smiles. |
***OH! The next day we had a conversation with Lincoln in the car about how he wanted to live at the carnival and go where it went. I told him there really are people like that and they're called carnies. He the proclaimed when he grows up he's going to be a carnie. I laughed. Dave gave me the "stop encouraging him" face.
1 comment:
What?! Please. Dave totally IS a carnie.
Post a Comment