Monday, July 18, 2011

Big Khauna

Last week we took the kids to the local waterslide. They LOVED it! It's the first time we've been this year and the boys have already asked to go back at least a dozen times.
Grant can now swim by himself, with a life jacket, and had a great time in the pool. He did the slide a few times with Dave, but I think he liked the freedom of swimming by himself more.


Lincoln went on the slide with Dave a few times and then asked if he could do it alone. Dave was a little hesitant, but I convinced him that Lincoln would be okay. The boy did have on a life jacket after all. I can't even begin to say how much he loved doing the slide by himself. Dave had to go back to work, but the boys wanted to stay, so I figured I could attempt manging 3 kids alone. Grant stayed in the pool, Linc went down the waterslide over and over and over (I lost count after time 8 in a row), Lucy layed in her stroller and drank a bottle (she needed to get out of the sun), and I watched it all from a lounge chair while soaking up some rays. It was awesome!


Little Miss did enjoy some swimming as well. The pool water is a perfect temperature for little ones. I'm sure it's a little too warm on hot days when you want to actually cool off, but it was perfect for us. She had a good time in the water, but I think next time I'll bring her a floaty of some sort so I don't have to hold her the entire time.

1 comment:

emily ballard said...

Big Kahuna is now on my list of things to do when we come to Vernal next week. Also on the list: drive-in movie theater, rafting the river (just Steve and Rachel), and lots and lots of snow cones. What else am I missing???