Tuesday, February 15, 2011

3 Months

Miss Lucy Anne turned 3 months last weekend. I can't believe she's already this old. She's still incredibly happy and is laughing more and more now. As long as her Mommy is near.
She has this Mommy thing. She usually wants her Mommy to hold/feed/talk/entertain/snuggle her. This is the only way she would let Dave hold her one night.


And this is what she usually does when she realizes Grandpa is holding her. It's breaking poor Grandpa's heart! Hopefully she will be out of the phase soon.
The girl is strong. I know I've said that before, but seriously, she's incredibly strong for her age. She loves to be either sitting up or standing. All the time. She doesn't really like to just lay down for very long.
I adore her crying face. It looks like she's making an awful lot of noise, but nope. Her cry is actually pretty quite. Unless she gets SUPER mad. Then it gets slightly louder. But even then it's at the same decibel level as Dave's story telling voice.




Helping Mommy make dinner. This was a few weeks ago when she didn't mind being on her back. Now she sits in her high chair. I'll post pics of that in the next post.


She LOVES her fingers. I tried and tried to get her to keep them out of her mouth. It was like trying to keep Grant from picking his nose...impossible. Luckily she doesn't have a certain finger(s) that she loves. If it's fleshy and at the end of her arm, she's good to go. I'm hoping it's just a quick phase and we won't have to break her of a sucking her thumb habit later.I try to keep her plugged with the nuk when her flesh urges come on.
She hasn't lost her hair, but it did thin out a little. She has a lot of natural curl which can get crazy. It's a good thing her Mommy LOVES doing hair.
It can also be styled straight. I bought Lucy her first curling iron (yes, I curl her hair sometimes with a curling iron) to flip out her sides. They have gotten really long and I'm not ready to give her a haircut yet. (I love this picture of her).


She's been drooling like crazy lately. I think she might be getting teeth already. I can't prove that, it's just my theory.
This girl is getting chubbly! She has these awesome squishy thunder thighs. I love it. I also love her gut and chubbly cheeks. She's so much fun to nibble on.
Last, but not least, she has a super cool color spot in her right eye. It's really dark brown and I hope it stays. I think her eyes will be brown, but whether they go hazel like Grant (and mine) or root beer colored like Lincoln (and Daves') is yet to be determined.

7 comments:

Ellie said...

i have that same picture of my little one with the three fingers in the mouth. her shirts will be wet from sucking on them. any flesh is good with her too. lucy is darling, i love those red polka dot tights. lets face it girls are fun to dress up!

emily ballard said...

Love the pictures. There is still an uncanny resemblance to my Lucy. I'll have to send you some pictures to compare sometime. And I love that you bought her a hair curler. I took my Lucy in for a haircut when she was a few months old. The ladies at the salon told me I was crazy and couldn't cut her hair, but I wasn't ready to be doing hair for two girls so off it went.

Unknown said...

I cant believe she is three months old. She is adorable. I love her hair! I dont think it is crazy that you curl her, it is so cute!!!

Kassi Luck said...

sorry, that last comment is from me. I didnt realize that I wasnt signed in

Mrs.Dr.Shot said...

She IS strong. Is she going to be one of those walkers at 6 months?! Too cute, all that hair. And the drooling can go on forever. Iris started it at about 3 months and now at nearly 6 months there are still no teeth but lots of drool.

Tami said...

Minz, she is seriously the cutest thing ever!

Jesenia said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Girls are so much fun, I understand the need to do hair everyday even at 3 months. Hope all is good. Take care.