Thursday, November 18, 2010

Introducing...

Baby Sister FINALLY made her debut on Friday, November 12th at 1:10 pm, weighing 8 lbs 8 oz and was 22 inches long. Basically a preemie :) For those that don't want to hear the long story, here are a few pictures. Those of you who have a lot of time on your hands, scroll down for all the details.

39 weeks
1st induction attempt

41 weeks
2nd induction attempt
this one was successful!


1st family photo

watching the bsu game with daddy


1st day home and crazy hair!
1 day old

1st bath at home
2 days old


grunt is so in love with her
3 days old
3 days old
We got to the hospital around 7:30 am to be induced. They started my IV and pitocin at 8 am. At 8:45 am, Dr. Lewis came in a broke my water and then Dave gave me a blessing. I was still at a 3, but having regular hard contractions. At 10:25 am the nurse came in to tell me she'd come back to check me at 11, and then I'd get the epidural after that, if I could wait that long. Contractions were getting painful, but not unbearable yet, so I agreed. At 10:35 I sent Dave out to tell her that I needed the epidural. Now. They went from painful to whydon'tIhavedrugsinmybodynow in those 10 minutes. I finally had some relief around 11 when the epidural was in and working. The anesthesiologist told me he was going to give me a lower dose of meds, so that I should still be able to feel pressure, but not pain. Got checked and had dilated to a 5-6. I was finally making progress. The contractions started coming on faster, but all I could feel was pressure, no pain. At 12:30 Dr. Lewis came in to see how things were going. Dave and I were playing scrabble on his Ipad and the conversation went quickly to Ipads and not labor :) After the boys discussed and played with the Ipad for 10 minutes, Dr. Lewis said he was going to go buy one and would be right back. Luckily my sweet nurse made him wait a minute while she checked me. I had dilated to a 9 almost 10 and baby sister's head was right there. Dr. Lewis went to put on scrubs instead of shopping. The lower dose of epidural pain meds wasn't a big deal, until I actually started to deliver. Holy crap. With both boys I was so numb I couldn't feel anything. Absolutely nothing with Link and just a tiny bit of pressure with Grunt. Not Lucy. I felt a lot. I asked to up the meds, but it was too late. I pushed for about 30 or so minutes and then she was here. And a girl. And absolutely beautiful. She stayed awake for the first couple of hours and took everything in. Grammy, Papa, Steph, Austin, and my boys came charging in about 10 minutes after she arrived. Needless to say, everyone was instantly in love with sweet Baby Siss. We are so blessed she joined our family!

20 comments:

Jesenia said...

Congrats, she is so beautiful. I am so happy that you got a little girl, they are so much fun and (drama).

Janna said...

That is such a great story! Michael kept asking why I was laughing so hard. I love, love, love the pic of you with your belly sticking out. Thanks for all the info.

Anonymous said...

Mindy she is soooo beautiful, I am so happy for you. Side note, my boys wore those same red and black shirts for our family pics a few weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mindy! I am loving all of her hair. That is too cute.

Mrs.Dr.Shot said...

So, how soon does she get her first hair cut? Love to you guys, she's a peach!

Stacey said...

Congrats! She is a cutie for sure! Love the name!!

Kassi Luck said...

She is so cute!! She definately looks like she fits - She looks a lot like her brothers. Congrats!!!

Stacey said...

Congrats! She is an absolute cutie! Love the hair and the name!

emily ballard said...

Congratulations! Reminds me of my little Lucy with all of that hair.

Jen said...

She is so, so beautiful, Mindy (and so are you!). Congratulations!

Tari said...

I'll go back and read when I have more time ;) but for now she is just BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!

Missy said...

I'm so glad she is finally here! Congrats she is gorgeous!

Ellie said...

woo hoo! She is beautiful! congrats

-Amy- said...

She is SO beautiful!! Congrats!!

The Hartle's said...

Congrats! She is such a doll! I love that she has two older brothers to take care of her!

Aim said...

Ok, first of all I love the name! Second, do you know how much you look like your mama in the 2nd pic? And third, her hair!! I am dying. Congrats to you, what a cutie. And I am so sorry about feeling a lot during labor, although I hear its better after cuz you aren't numb forever...

Shafferprincess said...

Oh my goodness Mindy! I know you probably don't remember me, but when I saw pictures of Lucy, I had to post! She is absolutely beautiful! I love all of that thick dark hair. And, no fair looking so gorgeous after labor! You look amazing!

Congrats!

Renee (Goodrich) Shaffer

Shafferprincess said...

Oh, and my little guy was born on the 12th of November, also. Just a year ago instead of a few days ago. It goes by SO fast!

Congrats again.

Kay's said...

Oh Mindy she is beautiful!! I bet the boys absolutely love her!! Congrats to all of you!!

masonmadness said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I can't get over all that hair. But seriously, she does not look like a newborn. She is beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys. I want to come see her, but wanted to give you some time first. Maybe next week I could stop by. I'll call you.