Lincoln turned 3 on the 6th. We went to Sandy and had his birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese at his request. The kids had a great time and Lincoln loved his Lightening McQueen cake. He was really fun this year because he's starting to "get it". He loved everyone singing happy birthday to him and opening presents and just the whole idea that it was his special day. It's amazing how much he's grown intellectually the past 2 months. He now comes up with some of the craziest ideas and understands almost every thing we tell him. The little lies/fibs that used to work no longer do. For example, he loves to ride the motorized carts at Smiths (local grocery store). So he jumped on one yesterday while I was trying to check out and took off on it. He's a really good driver, but that's besides the point. So I stop him and tell him that he can't ride those because they are for old people and his reply to me was, "Mom, I'm a people." I then told him, "I know you're a people honey, but they are for OLD people." To which he tells me, "But I'm a little people so it be fine. I can drive it." Little stinker. He says stuff everyday now that makes us laugh. He knows all his letters and their accompanying sounds, can count to 20 (sometimes the teens get messed up a bit), all of the basic colors and shapes, and is in the final stages of potty training FINALLY! He's become very logical and loves to make a deal. He sings all the time and has a few favorite songs that he doesn't like anyone else to sing along with him to. He has been a great big brother to Grant and besides the occasional teasing, plays very well with him. He's a very loving boy and doesn't hesitate to give you a hug and kiss and tell you he's sorry.
Happy Birthday big boy!
*WARNING...LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES*



*WARNING...LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES*







6 comments:
Wow, he grew up fast! What a cute little boy. Although he does look a lot like Dave, he is still a good mix of both of you!
I'm glad Link had such a fun bday! Cute pictures! He's such a handsome little guy!
Happy Birthday! My Lincoln turns 1 tomorrow! I loved the story of the cart, that was funny!! Sounds like a great kid!
Happy birthday Lincoln!
K, he's got to be the cutest baby/boy ever! Watch out, he will be a hunk. Love the sad picture in the high chair and the going potty picture, too cute. And just perfect to embarass him someday!
That kid is adorable! :)
Post a Comment