Thursday, October 3, 2013

Grace 11 Months


Girlfriend had two big milestones between 10 and 11 months.

She now CRAWLS! It's the cutest thing ever because she sticks her left leg straight out to the side and drags it. Not all the time, but at least once each time she crawls somewhere.

Second big milestone, she's done nursing. She quite, all by herself, around 10 1/2 months. She was down to just nursing right before bed and sometimes first thing in the morning. She was only nursing on the left side, because she had given up the right side about a month earlier. I nursed her on a Saturday night before bed and she never nursed again after that. I tried every night for about a week, but each time she'd look at me like "give me a chicken nugget woman, not this booby nonsense!". I was worried about the weening process, but apparently she wasn't and just quite cold turkey. She never took a bottle, but does a straw sippy really well, so I guess we're just sticking with that. Because she would throw up if I drank milk (while she was nursing), I only give her almond milk in her sippy. I figured she's close enough to a year old that we're going to skip all formula. My baby girl is growing up!

No comments: