This is how my conversation with Lincoln went this morning:
Linc: "Mom, where are we going?"
Me: "You're going to the temple with your primary."
Linc: "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!"
Then 5 or so minutes of arguing over the fact that he is, indeed, going to the temple.
Finally out of sheer frustration that I wasn't getting it, he tells me what's really bothering him.
Linc: "But Mom, I don't want to get married today!"
Me (trying really hard not to laugh out loud): "Honey you don't have to get married today."
Linc: "But you said I'm going to the temple."
Me: "You are going to the temple. But Buddy, there are other reasons you go to the temple besides getting married."
Linc: "I don't want to get married today."
Me: "I PROMISE you won't get married today...but you do have to go to the temple with your class...and be nice to your teachers."
Heaven help us.
Linc: "Mom, where are we going?"
Me: "You're going to the temple with your primary."
Linc: "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!"
Then 5 or so minutes of arguing over the fact that he is, indeed, going to the temple.
Finally out of sheer frustration that I wasn't getting it, he tells me what's really bothering him.
Linc: "But Mom, I don't want to get married today!"
Me (trying really hard not to laugh out loud): "Honey you don't have to get married today."
Linc: "But you said I'm going to the temple."
Me: "You are going to the temple. But Buddy, there are other reasons you go to the temple besides getting married."
Linc: "I don't want to get married today."
Me: "I PROMISE you won't get married today...but you do have to go to the temple with your class...and be nice to your teachers."
Heaven help us.




8 comments:
How cute and hilarious!! Dont they come up with the funniest things!!
The difference between boys & girls. Whenever we say we're going to the temple, Malia beams and says, "Am I getting married today?!" And gets disappointed when I tell her she isn't...
... maybe we should hook 'em up, eh?
He is so stinkin' cute. I love the funny things our kids say.
That is one of the cutest things I've ever heard!!! Thanks for sharing!
oh my heck that is hilarious! I love how there minds work. =)
Kids say the funniest things! Your boys are so cute!
Goodness, he looks 10 in that picture. What a cutie pie! I love what kids will come up with. The other day Emma was itchy and Eliot asked her (very concerned) "do you have fleas?". We busted up.
He does look all grown up in the pic, are you sure he's not getting married? Well, that got a good laugh here! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment