Sunday, February 15, 2009

V Day

We had an awesome vday yesterday. The boys slept at my parents house Friday night, so Dave and I actually got to sleep in. Those who have toddlers know that sleeping in can make a perfect day, in and of itself. :) We got up late, made one another breakfast and just enjoyed being alone. Then we went and rescued my parents from the boys and brought the rugrats home for naps. While they napped, Dave and I snuggled on the couch and caught up on our shows. After the boys woke up we all went to Walmart to get stuff for dinner today and for Dave to make vday desserts. When we got home, Grammy and Papa had left the boys a vday gift on the front porch. Dave went and rang the door bell a bunch of times and then came in the back door before the boys answered. When they did answer, Link was confused why there wasn't anyone there, until he saw his gift. We brought it in the house and I let both of them open it. They were so excited! Then they opened their vday card from The Greats. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma! Dave and I decided to only do cards this year, no gifts. I told him no flowers and that I was serious, not doing girl code or anything. We're going on vacation next month and I'd rather use the money on that. Instead of buying me a generic card, Dave made me 3 on the computer and a valentine from each boy. They were very cute and very Dave. After we put the boys to bed, our friends Garrett and Zinna Eaton came over and we had Dave's 2 different but very delicious desserts (carmel brownie and lemon berry parfaits) and played some games. It was such a great day. Happy vday everyone!

*the boys and their valentines*
*grant enjoying the brownie beaters*

*dave's delicious parfaits*

*my super cute valentines*

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Happy Valentines! Glad you had a great day.

Aim said...

Those desserts look amazing! Glad you had such a great day.